Dear Valued Customer,
Hamburg Süd has reviewed its Emission Control Area (ECA) surcharge, and the new tariffs will be effective January 1st , 2022.
The ECA tariffs have been calculated using the price difference between 0,5% Sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO) and 0,1% Sulphur fuel oil (LSMGO). The difference calculated is 103,24 USD/TON. The details on the period used for the calculation can be found in the table below.
Please note that cargo with origin, destination, or transshipment in the Baltic zone (defined as Finland, Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and East Coast of Sweden) will be charged with an additional add-on (final tariffs are reflected in tables which read – Baltic)
The ECA will be applicable to all Hamburg Süd contracts, independent on the validity, and the tariff values can be found in the tables on the following pages.
North European ECA (non-Baltic)
North European ECA (Baltic)
North European ECA and North American ECA (Non-Baltic)
North European ECA and North American ECA (Baltic)
North American ECA
In addition to ECA, further price elements may apply:
- Base Rate, please click here
- Security related charges and surcharges – respectively applicable at the Port of Origin and the Port of Destination –, please click here
- Terminal Handling Charges – respectively applicable at the Port of Origin and the Port of Destination –, please click here
- Additional charges and surcharges reflecting foreseeable high demand (such as Peak Season Surcharges), please click here
- all other applicable surcharges, such as local charges and contingency charges, valid at the time of shipment
Above levels are applicable for all cargo on board vessels with ETD January 1st, 2022 onwards (based on Pro forma date of departure) and until further notice.
Please contact your local Hamburg Süd representative should you require further information.
With kind regards,