1 August 2021
Environmental Fuel Fee (EFF)
Dear Valued Customer,
We would like to inform you about the revision of our Environmental Fuel Fee (EFF) for all trades.
The EFF tariffs have been reviewed using the price development of Bunkerworld’s fuel price index of 0.5% Sulphur fuel oil (VLSFO) and looking into the trigger communicated previously (changes of more than 50 USD/TON – up or down – compared to the last tariff adjustment). In this specific case, the price difference between the two periods is 60,35 USD/TON. The details on the period and reference ports used for the calculation of the EFF levels can be found in the table below.
Effective September 1st 2021, the Environmental Fuel Fee (EFF) Surcharge will be as follows:
In addition to EFF, further price elements may apply:
- Base Rate, please click here
- Security related charges and surcharges – respectively applicable at the Port of
Origin and the Port of Destination –, please click here
- Terminal Handling Charges – respectively applicable at the Port of Origin and the
Port of Destination –, please click here
- Additional charges and surcharges reflecting foreseeable high demand (such as
Peak Season Surcharges), please click here
- all other applicable surcharges, such as local charges and contingency charges,
valid at the time of shipment
Above levels are applicable for all cargo on board vessels with ETD September 1st 2021 onwards (based on Pro forma date of departure) and until further notice.
Please contact your local Hamburg Süd representative should you require more information.
With kind regards,