Australia and New Zealand – Booking Cancellation
1st August 2021
Due to the number of downfalls due to bookings cancelled shortly before cargo cut off and the costs associated with handling these, we will implement a Booking Cancellation Fee (BKGCANCL) for all export shipments departing from Australia and New Zealand effective 1 September 2021.
The fee will be applied as per below guidelines:
• Booking Cancellation Fee tariff will be USD 75/USD 150 for 20/40 for any DRY and REEFER cargo.
• Booking Cancellation Fee will apply for all bookings cancelled within 14 calendar days before cargo cut off.
• Booking Cancellation Fee will be applicable for all contracts.
• Reducing number of containers in a booking will be treated as a booking cancellation and charged the same way. The fee will apply for any container reduction.
• Booking Cancellation will only apply if cancellation is initiated by the customer. If the cancellation was initiated by carrier, the charge is not applicable.
Enhanced booking reliability will assist to efficiently allocate space and equipment to guarantee our customers’ needs and requirements. If you have any questions, please contact your Hamburg Süd representative with any questions that you may have.