Port Operations Update
11th June 2021
The following update is the latest on COVID-19 related impact affecting Yantian and Shekou ports in Shenzhen and Nansha port in Guangzhou in the Greater China Area.
The situation continues to deteriorate as more positive COVID cases have been confirmed in these cities. We continue to closely monitor the situation and are doing our best to mitigate the impact on your supply chain where possible.
1) Yantian International Container Terminals (YICT):
▪ Yard density remains elevated with disinfection and quarantine measures being continuously implemented by local authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We expect continued terminal congestion and vessel delays of 16 days or more in the coming weeks.
▪ As of 9th June, 08:00 hrs import laden containers have finally resume operations in the western area of YICT. Other operations remain suspended until further notice. Import and transhipment containers have been detained there.
▪ As of 10th June, 00:00 hrs export laden container gate-ins are being accepted 7 days prior to the vessel ETA, AND only after the terminal confirms the advance reservation made by trucking companies.
▪ In addition, since 10th June 00:00 hrs YICT trucking reservations into port have increased to 6000 per day.
Operations in the eastern area of the terminals where deep sea vessels mainly berth, continue to experience low productivity which is about 30% of its normal level.
▪ Import laden container pick-up which is mainly concentrated in the eastern area of the port maintain normal operations.